Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Some Thumbnail Comps

Well for my forth illustration project, it was suggest that we start thinking of what we wanted to do. One of the options was to take a real good sketch or idea out of our sketchbooks that could be made into a really great composition. So I have started working on some loose thumbnail comps based on my Pagoda Boat sketch which keeps grabbing my attention.


This is the original Pagoda Boat idea that I came up with a couple of weeks ago. I really like the concept of it and I have been itching to do a comp based on it in someway or form.













Here are the thumb comps that I have done so far but I am unsure which I want to do as I like most of them. I really hate it when I have to make up my mind about stuff like this.

2 comments:

  1. They're all very amazing. I really like thumbnails #2 and #5. They're really interesting and you could render them beautifully. But then #4 is also interesting and along with #2. When I look at those two, you could have it be more than what it shows that moment in time. Kind of like that Painting we were looking at in class about that runaway kid in the diner. You could really play it out if there was a story to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AKT. I am thinking some kind of combo of those one's you pointed out. I am flattered about the Norman Rockwell reference hopefully I could so something worthy of his genius. He is one of my heroes really.

    ReplyDelete