Monday, February 11, 2013

Call of Cthulhu: Legs

I recently just finished up a group of commissioned illustrations for Jim Philips' new Call of Cthulhu adventure book call Legs. This was an enjoyable project to work on, not only because it was Lovecraftian, but also because of the working relationship I developed with Jim and I was impressed to see the final layout of the book combined with my artwork.

This was the final layout for the book and I think it came out looking really good. The adventure book is for the Call of Cthulhu RPG game and it is a free PDF download. Free PDF Download



















I took a picture of my own hand holding a scrap of paper for a reference of this shot.









One of the few things that can disturb me as a horror artist and that is critters bursting from the skin so I could relate with this guy.










It is always a challenge to do sexy plus gory at the same time. I also used the Schindler's List trick of just using the color red for this mostly black and white piece.







And yet this guy is not even fully grown yet.
















This is the cover with out the text layout, although having the text is really good as well. Not sure what I prefer.














No comments:

Post a Comment