Monday, January 28, 2013

Color Blending, FX Brushing and Photos for Texture

Hi Everyone,


For this week's blog I thought I would do a demo covering how to create light and shadow with color instead of just value and various texture techniques using Adobe Photoshop CS 5 and lower. In this demo you will see how to use the color blend mode for layers, how to use the FX options with your brush strokes and color blend mode, and how to use photos for texture using the color blend mode. These were techniques that I learned and adapted from my illustration professors Cliff Cramp and Christian Hill at Cal State Fullerton. I have broken up the tutorial into three sections because of duration limitations on You Tube. I would suggest viewing these demos at a high resolution so that you can properly see the settings. These demos only go over the very basics but they do give insight of how to approach digital painting.

2 comments:

  1. Nice videos and good explanation really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked them and found them helpful.

      Delete