Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Steam Punk: Beginnings

By Tobias White Recently, just about a month before I graduated. I was fortunate enough to be able to participate in a month long Steam Punk gallery show called Steam Punk: Beginnings. The show was a big success and all the artists featured in the show did illustrations based off of books by J.K. Jeter, Tim Powers, James Blaylock who not only are Cal State Fullerton Alumni, but started the whole steam punk genre. The two illustrations below are two of my works that got selected for the show and are based off of Tim Power's Anubis Gates. At the show I even got to meet Tim Powers and found he was a really approachable and friendly. He also told me that my depiction of Horrabin the Clown was spot on to what he envisioned when he wrote the book.













Check out more of my work at Tobias White Illustrations
You should also follow me on Facebook, linkedin, Deviant Art,  or catch me on Tweeter at @TobiasWhite1

No comments:

Post a Comment