Saturday, June 2, 2012

Children of the Gods





 Back in college, one of the classes I took was a sequential art class which was basically all about creating comics. I learned quite a bit about storytelling both visually and in a literary way. This five page comic was my final for that class and it was a story that was rolling around in my head for a while, even before I took the class. The comic is inspired by the mythos of H.P. Lovecraft and it is a pilot for something I might do in a larger scale down the road as either an online comic or as a graphic novel. When working on this comic I was unaware that we were allowed to go past five pages, which is why it is a little crowded, but in a way this was also good because it forced me to be creative in planning out the paneling for the story; to do more with less is a great way to push one's skills.

On a side note, if I do continue on with this idea then I might change the title to Liberis Deorum.














Check out more of my work at Tobias White Illustrations
You can also follow me on Deviant Art or catch me on Tweeter at @TobiasWhite1

No comments:

Post a Comment