Sunday, June 3, 2012

Traditional Mix


My preferred art medium of choice is digital painting because I like the degree of flexibility I get from its tools. However, I do not ignore more traditional mediums as they carry qualities that makes them just a special. I have trained in the use of several different traditional mediums such as pencil rendering, charcoal, pastel, color pencil, and oil painting. While I believe in strong traditional background in artistic training I don't adhere to being a purest and I love experimenting with mixed media to see what kind of result I can attain. The last two pieces on this post are examples of mixed media. The Real Cause was my first real attempt at going hog wild with mix media and is a combination of digital, color pencil, gauche, and watercolor. Earth Bound is a simpler mix media and is a combination of Oil Painting and digital. Mixed media is something I plan on playing with more in the future.



























Check out more of my work at Tobias White Illustrations
You should also follow me on Facebook, linkedin, Deviant Art,  or catch me on Tweeter at @TobiasWhite1

No comments:

Post a Comment